We often receive dates and events from fellow equine enthusiasts for events planned in our community. These are not Silver Spur Events but our members have been graciously invited to participate.
TIGER LILY FARM:
• Saturday April 12th Rainbows Horse Show English and Western classes entry forms can be found on the Equestrain Center page of www.tigerlilyfarm.ca
• Saturday April 26th Western Dressage Clinic with Becky Martens. $75/rider - 2 hour lesson in a group of 3, learn about this new growing sport, ride a dressage test work on it and ride it again. Contact Jodie to register only 3 spaces left.
• Saturday May 10th Rainbows Horse Show
• Saturday May 24th Western Dressage Clinic with Trish Hyatt $135/rider $20/auditor all day clinic starts at 9:00 with Theory, then a lesson, lunch break followed by riding a test. Contact Jodie or Trish to register. For more info visit www.westernstyledressage.ca
May 2, 3, & 4th, the Pony Club, with the help of our secretary, Halli Walsh, will be hosting a fun event. They are currently building a Labyrinth suitably sized for horses. If you would like to help with this project or want more information, contact Halliday at 927-5283. Will keep everyone posted as time goes by.
E.T.R.A Ride is set for September 14th, 2014
Coombs Fairground Riding Rings
If you are using this Horse Ring you must be a member of the Arrowsmith Agricultural Association or the Coombs Country 4H Horse Club AND have Horse Council of BC Insurance.
The Horse Rings are locked and if you want to open the lock you will need to purchase a key for $10. The locks will be changed every 2 years. You will get $2 back when you return the old key. This key will also open up the porta potties.
You must record your Ring use on the pad in the Equipment shed or note beside the Large Ring gate. Name and date and HCBC # if it is not on file.
Juniors: You must wear a helmet at all times, have proper riding gear and be accompanied by a parent or other adult.
• Clean up your horse’s poop (wheelbarrow in shed) and put away tidily any equipment taken out of the shed, except for the barrels.
• If there is equipment left from someone else, put it away.
• Clean up any debris.
• Relock all gates.
• After a Gymkhana or show, empty garbage cans into dumpster
Winter parking is limited and only by the Big Ring. So, there is only room for a maximum of 3 trailers. Don’t park in front of either Hall please. More trailers will create a traffic flow problem.
Arrowsmith Agricultural Association memberships can be purchased from Tim Boley at 250 752-9757 or firstname.lastname@example.orgIf you want to have exclusive use of the Ring or a key or expect more than 3 horse tr Janet Tim Boley at 250 752-9757 or email@example.com